**The Treasurer's Office is now accepting eCheck payments, which allow taxpayers to submit online payments without a convenience fee. Submit an eCheck payment by selecting the "Pay by eCheck" button beside the "Pay by Credit Card" button on the e-Services webpage.

**If you have any questions or concerns regarding your Personal Property tax bill, please contact the Commissioner of the Revenue's Office at (540) 635-2651 before paying.

For questions regarding payment of taxes, contact:             For questions regarding the assessment of taxes, contact:

Warren County Treasurer

Commissioner of the Revenue

220 North Commerce Avenue
Suite 800
Front Royal, Virginia 22630
Telephone: (540) 635-2215
Fax: (540) 636-4870
220 North Commerce Avenue
Suite 900
Front Royal, Virginia 22630
Telephone: (540) 635-2651
Fax: (540) 636-8280

Volunteer Auxiliary or Reserve Deputy Sheriffs

Forms are available at the Warren County Sheriff’s Office in the Public Safety Building, located at 200 Skyline Vista Drive. For Tax Reduction, the completed form along with the certification signature of the Sheriff of Warren County must be turned into the Commissioner of Revenue’s office no later than January 31st of each year. For Motor Vehicle License/Decal Fee Exemption, the Volunteer Auxiliary Officer and/or Reserve Deputy Sheriff must take the gold copy to Treasurer’s Office between January 15th and February 15th.

Transient Occupancy Tax

"Transient occupancy tax" is paid on temporary lodging at hotels, motels, inns, hostels and similar places. Although the name "transient occupancy tax", in this case, is specific to Virginia, similar lodging taxes are in effect across the United States. You pay these taxes when you rent a room, bed or other space.

Food and Beverage Tax

The Food and Beverage Tax is imposed on the purchaser of every food or beverage served, sold or delivered in the County by a restaurant or caterer a tax equivalent to 4% of the amount paid for the food or beverage.

Consumer Utility Tax

Warren County levies a consumer tax on electricity, natural gas and telephone utilities. These taxes are collected by the respective utility companies and remitted to the County.

State Income Tax

The office of the Commissioner of the Revenue will complete your Virginia state income tax return at no charge. You must bring a completed copy of your federal return in order for the state return to be completed properly.


  (540) 636-4600
  (540) 636-6066
  220 N. Commerce Avenue
     Front Royal, VA 22630

Keep in Touch

WC Seal braid trans

Established in 1836