Shenandoah Farms Sanitary District
April 25, 2023 Venus Branch/Drummer Hill Road Update
April 24, 2023 Venus Branch/Drummer Hill Road Update
March 15, 2023 Mailbox Cluster Memo
January 10, 2023 Construction Update
December 5, 2022 Construction Update
The Shenandoah Farms Sanitary District is responsible for the maintenance and improvements to the road system within the Warren County portion of the Shenandoah Farms community. In addition there are two dams within the Sanitary District that are to be monitored and maintained. The road system consists of 43 miles of predominantly unpaved roads and is maintained by the Sanitary District Manager. The Manager is responsible for a variety of activities and projects which have been outlined below.
Responsibilities of the Sanitary District Manager:
Developing and setting up contracts for work that needs to be performed on the road system such as road maintenance, snow removal, survey contracts etc. Also developing bid packets and meeting with potential bidders to answer questions and concerns.
- Determining the maintenance needs by developing maps and lists of roads that need attention so contractors have a clearly mapped out plan of action when they arrive. Due to the fact contracts are based on hourly rates it is critical to keep things moving and cut down on wasted time.
- Inspecting and monitoring the work of contractors for efficiency and quality of work.
- Developing annual budgets based on need, paying bills and developing and maintaining spreadsheets to track expenditures by type of expense and by road.
- Respond to resident requests and concerns by email, phone or personal visit. Keeping residents and county officials informed of operations through notifications on the website, emails, and reports to the Warren County Board of Supervisors and the Sanitary District Advisory Committee.
- Monitor the dams at Lake of the Clouds and Spring Lake; perform periodic inspections per the requirements of the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR).
- Research products, develop accounts with suppliers and schedule deliveries of needed materials.
- Performing minor road maintenance operations in the field and working with contractors when help is needed.
- Performing snow removal operations with County equipment while working with and monitoring the work of contract snow removal. Spreading abrasive stone on icy portions of the roadway.
- Maintaining County tools and equipment.
- Driving roads, monitoring damage, and scheduling needed repairs during and after inclement weather events such as flooding, or snow and ice.
Projects on the road and drainage system include but are not limited to:
- Routine and seasonal maintenance such as grading and ditching roads, adding stone, maintaining/cleaning drainage culverts and vegetation control.
- Prioritizing and developing projects for road improvements such as widening, drainage upgrades in preparation for eventual paving projects.
- Identifying potential VDOT Revenue sharing projects administering such projects as state funds come available.
To send an email to a member of the Shenandoah Farms Sanitary District Advisory Committee, click on the appropriate email address below:
Sarah Saber, Vice Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt Devine: email@example.com
Todd Tennant: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Inquiries: email@example.com
Employees Results 1 - 4 of 4
Albert "Happy" Anderson