The Treasurer's Office is now accepting eCheck payments, which allow taxpayers to submit online payments without a convenience fee. Submit an eCheck payment by selecting the "Pay by eCheck" button beside the "Pay by Credit Card" button on the e-Services webpage.
Warren County bills personal property taxes in halves. The due dates for these payments are as follows:
- The first half of the tax is due by June 5th.
- The second half of the tax is due by December 5th.
It's important to note that taxpayers must submit a list of personal property to the Assessor before March 1 of each calendar year.
For more information or queries concerning personal property taxes in Warren County, please call the Commissioner of the Revenue's office via phone at 540-635-2651.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your Personal Property tax bill, please contact the Commissioner of the Revenue's Office via phone at 540-635-2651 before paying.
- For questions regarding payment of taxes, contact: Warren County Treasurer
- For questions regarding the assessment of taxes, contact: Commissioner of the Revenue
Find More Information
- Delinquent Tax Databases: In accordance with § 58.1-3924 of the Code of Virginia and authorized by the governing body of Warren County Treasurer, Allison Ross, the following is a list of nonpayment real estate taxes that are delinquent.
- Real Estate Taxes: The Code of Virginia, 1950, as amended provides for the assessment and collection of real estate taxes based on fair market value established by the governing body each year. The last reassessment was effective as of January 1, 2023.
- Business Taxes: The form of business you operate determines what taxes you must pay and how you pay them. Please refer to the following tax chart to determine your tax liability schedule.
- Tax Relief for the Elderly or Permanently Disabled: Warren County offers tax relief or partial relief from real estate taxation for the elderly or handicapped. To qualify for this tax relief program, an application must be completed and filed with the Commissioner of the Revenue annually between January 1 and April 1 of the taxable year.
- Tax Relief for Veterans with Disability: Veterans with a disability resulting from their service may be eligible for tax relief measures. These measures often depend on the veteran's disability rating and can vary by location.
- Personal Property Taxes: In Warren County, personal property taxes are levied on various types of movable property. The assessment of these taxes is carried out by the Commissioner of the Revenue, while their collection is handled by the Treasurer of Warren County.
- Active Volunteer and Rescue Personnel
- Airplanes and Aircraft
- High Mileage
- Machinery and Tools (Manufacturing)
- Mobile Homes
- Personal Property Tax Relief
- Volunteer Auxiliary or Reserve Deputy Sheriffs
- Transient Occupancy Tax
- Food and Beverage Tax
- Consumer Utility Tax
- State Income Tax