Refuse Collection, Disposal & Recycle
Warren County Waste Management: Efficient, Eco-Friendly, and Accessible
Solid Waste Objectives
- Regulatory Compliance: Adherence to Federal and State laws and regulations, ensuring we meet or surpass the mandated 25% recycling rate.
- Community-Centric: Meeting the waste management needs of Warren County citizens.
- User Convenience: Ensuring our facilities are easily accessible and user-friendly.
- Eco-Consciousness: Emphasizing recycling to reduce waste and preserve our environment.
Warren County proudly provides multiple Convenience Site locations for household refuse and recyclables at no cost to its residents. We operate five such sites spread across the County to ensure optimal accessibility. While all locations accept bagged household waste, larger items can be directed to the Bentonville Convenience Center. Clear signage at each site ensures residents are informed about acceptable and restricted items. Our dedicated site attendants are always on hand to assist and guide residents in proper waste disposal and recycling.
For our commercial patrons, we offer the Bentonville Transfer Station for waste disposal. Here, commercial users must first check in at the Scale House for weight assessment before moving to the disposal area.
Waste & Recycling Guidelines
A detailed chart, available below, specifies the types of waste and recyclables each County site accepts. If you're uncertain about an item or need further clarification, our Solid Waste Manager, Jamie Lentz, is available at 540-636-0794 to address your concerns. Together, let's make Warren County cleaner and greener.
- Citizens will be allowed to drop off up to six gallons (up to one-gallon containers only) of paint, oil, or antifreeze per day; any amount over six gallons may be taken to Bentonville for a fee
- Latex paint cans that are dried out may be disposed of with regular household waste
- Disposal of residential construction/demolition debris is free up to 999 lbs. via one trip per day
- Construction/demolition debris may only be disposed of in accordance with Transfer Station hours (see Transfer Station tab above for hours)
Household Hazardous Waste
Household hazardous waste is collected during a special clean-up event held annually in the County. The event date will be posted upon scheduling the event. Items such as cleaners, pesticides, herbicides, and acids may be disposed of during this special event. Only residential waste will be accepted; no industrial or commercial chemicals will be allowed.
Jamie LentzSolid Waste Manager
Solid WastePhysical Address
232 Shangri-La Road
Bentonville, VA 22610
232 Shangri-La Road Bentonville VA 22610
Scale House Phone: 540-635-7722
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
7 am to 7 pm
12 pm to 7 pm