Records / FOIA
Records / FOIA
Should you wish to request records from the Warren County Sheriff's Office under the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), please take note of the following guidelines:
- Methods of Request: Records can be requested via U.S. Mail, fax, email, in-person, or by phone. While FOIA doesn't mandate written requests or the explicit mention of "FOIA," a written format is advisable for clarity, ensuring mutual understanding of the records in question.
- Specificity: Your request should describe the desired records with "reasonable specificity." Precise requests yield quicker results. Should there be ambiguity in your request, we will seek clarification.
- Nature of Records: Please note that FOIA entitlements are restricted to inspection or copying of existing documents. The Sheriff's Office is not obligated to generate new records or documents that aren't already in existence.
- Fees: A reasonable fee, corresponding to the actual costs incurred to furnish the requested records, may be charged. Should you desire, an estimated cost can be provided beforehand. Failure to pay for a FOIA request may result in denial of future requests.
- Response Time: Upon receipt by the FOIA Officer, the Warren County Sheriff's Office commits to responding within 5 business days, excluding weekends and holidays
- Review Process: Each request undergoes individualized assessment and records aren't instantaneously available upon request.
- Record Delivery: Once your records are ready, you can opt to receive them by pick-up, mail, email, or fax.
How to Make a Request:
- Phone:540-636-5914 or 540-635-2074
- Communications Officers:540-635-4128, select option 0
Warren County Sheriff's Office
Attn: FOIA Officer
200 Skyline Vista Drive
Front Royal, VA 22630
Your collaboration ensures an efficient and accurate response. Thank you for adhering to these guidelines.
Accident / Incident Reports
Accident reports are only released upon supervisor approval.
Introduction to Citizen Connect
Welcome to Citizen Connect! Citizen Connect is the place to go when you are looking for information regarding incidents, accidents, missing and wanted persons, and more. Please be aware that some information is redacted or has not been made available to the public.
Information is updated every 24 hrs. This does not mean that your incident or accident will be available that quickly. There is a process that all reports must go through before they are able to be loaded to Citizen Connect.
To find a copy of a crash report, please go to the section labeled Accident Search. For an incident report, please go to the section labeled incident search.
For the Daily Reports function, please go to the section labeled Daily Report. Daily Report is an option to view all reported activity over the previous 5 days. You can see Incidents, arrests, Missing Persons, and accidents.